8830Re: [NTB] Double-click and other questions

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Aug 10 1:20 AM
      Hello David,

      >3. Just as a comment, I don't really agree with the headline 'Explorer
      >"Open" Command Limits' in the Known Issues page in Help. Here is one task
      >(opening multiple files) which humble Notepad manages quickly and well, and
      >which NoteTab can't do. In all other respects, of course, the two editors
      >can't be mentioned in the same breath.

      You cannot compare the two programs in this case. For each file that
      Explorer opens, Notepad launches a new instance of itself. NoteTab can do
      this too, if you enable multiple instances. However, Notepad cannot open
      multiple files in a single instance, which is something that NoteTab allows
      by default. The issue that is documented in the Help file concerns the
      method NoteTab uses to send all files to a single instance of itself --
      Notepad cannot do this.

      Regards,
      Eric Fookes
      NoteTab v4.82 available from