7646[NTB] Slashes in OE 5

  • Lawrence M Hamilton, Jr.
    Mar 14, 2000
      Hey Tabbers,

      I could not find who asked this question, but I found out about the //
      and \\ in Outlook Express 5.

      I found a link to a guy who has a program to change it, but he mentions:

      "NOTE that both the recipient and the sender of messages involving the
      double slash each have to have this modification in order to remove the
      generated hyperlink, since reading a message also involves OE's automatic
      formatting. "

      So there is no way to stop that offensive behavior in a way that will
      benefit everybody.

      The link is:

      http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/oe5faq.htm

      HTH