5667[NTB] Re: Trim white space

  • Wayne VanWeerthuizen
    Aug 5, 1999
      Raymond Fitzgerald <raymond.fitzgerald@...> wrote:

      >When you talk about line numbering, I assume you mean Modify | Lines |
      >Number Lines? Perhaps someone has already written a clip that duplicates
      >this *and* includes blank lines. You'll need to inquire on the Clips list,
      >of course. I have one (named "Data Fill" because it's patterned after the
      >Lotus menu command) but it works in a blank document.

      NoteAwk has a search and replace clip that can be used to number lines
      (or words, or paragraphs, etc) matching any pattern. It is easy to
      number just non-blank lines with it.

      See: http://landru.myhome.net/wayne/notetab.html

      Choose the clip: "Search and Replace by Scope"

      Select the text you want to number (which does not have to be the whole
      document) and give it these settings, leaving other settings at the
      defaults:

      Scope: Each Line
      Search For: Everything (or Non-Blank Lines)
      Include Original Text: After the Replacement Text
      Step Value For Numbering: 1

      Furthermore, if you do it all the time, you can rename and save the gawk
      script that NoteAwk creates, so that you can run it again without having
      to reenter the specifications into the wizard each time.

      --
      Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
      ICQ: 15117288