5652[NTB] Re: Trim white space

  • Larry Thomas
    Aug 4, 1999
      Hi Jim and Dennis,

      At 02:39 PM 8/4/1999 -0600, you wrote:

      >I have a problem with the blank lines/numbering system as well. I am
      using the
      >editor to write design rule checks and the checker compiler gets confused
      with
      >line numbers because (I assume) it does not count the blank lines. If
      there is
      >a way to prevent this I would sure like to know because with a long file I
      have
      >to do a lot of searching to find a particular error.
      >

      >Jim Brodeur
      >Layout Designer
      >Commquest/IBM in Auburn, Ca.

      You can at least view the actual lines by selecting View | Line Numbers.
      This will produce a gutter on the left side of the document with line
      number in it. The line numbers are not in the document itself though. And
      you need to know that word wrap affects what you are looking at so you need
      to turn word wrap off to see the actual line where something is located.
      It is of some help to be able to do this though.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic