2976[NTB] Re: New products from Fookes Software...

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Nov 1, 1998
      Hi Wren,

      At 11:20 AM 11/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi Eric,
      >
      >The pictures are beautiful. I'll be curious to hear what
      >kind of a market there is for these. I wouldn't pay for one
      >in its current form, but I admit I'm not a screen saver kind
      >of person (ever since the advent of energy saving monitors I
      >usually just turn off my monitor without ever going to a
      >screen saver first.)
      >
      >The free ones are fine, the advertising is not too obnoxious.
      >
      >As you say they display VERY well at high-res on a 21"
      >monitor--so nice I wanted to use some as backgrounds, but
      >you seem to make that impossible ;-) After finding that, I
      >wasn't even willing to take the time to download a second --
      >I went for CH first, one of my favorite countries (been far
      >to long since my last visit.)
      >
      >Any chance of posting a seasonal .jpg of the month on one of
      >your pages that would work well as a background -- I really
      >like your photography.
      >
      >Best of Luck,
      > Wren

      You can download some pictures from Eric as I have from:

      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/photos.htm

      If you have a suitable graphics editor such as Paint Shop Pro, you can
      remake these images into very nice wallpaper. I especially like
      suisse3t.jpg which I found at:

      http://www.unige.ch/sciences/terre/geologie/fookes/pictures/suisse3t.jpg

      Regards,

      Larry Thomas