2609[NTB] Re: NoteTab.hlp/NoteTab.gid info

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Oct 3, 1998
      Hi Sean,

      >On Fri, 02 Oct 1998 21:29:20 +0200, Eric G.V. Fookes babbled about
      >[NTB] Re: NoteTab.hlp/NoteTab.gid info proclaiming:
      >
      >>Hi Len,
      >>
      >>>In addition, if you copy a NoteTab.hlp file to another folder,
      >>>also copy the NoteTab.gid file.
      >
      >Why? Pointless.
      >
      >>>If the NoteTab.exe file has been
      >>>renamed to anyname.exe, rename the new .hlp and .gid files to
      >>>somename.hlp and somename.gid. This will avoid other potential problems.
      >
      >Pointless.
      >
      >Eric, I had to take a second look. I could hardly believe you wrote
      >this message!

      You miscounted the quotes ;-) Indeed, I did *not* write the above since it
      was quoted from Len's message. In my reply, I said that I believed the
      index problem that was reported was due to an old copy of the .gid file. I
      also said it was best to delete it when a new copy of the Help file is
      added, and I also explained that it is automatically created by Windows (or
      to be more accurate, the Help engine).

      Regards,

      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>