2605[NTB] Re: NoteTab.hlp/NoteTab.gid info

  • wild_dog@bconnex.net
    Oct 2, 1998
      On Fri, 02 Oct 1998 21:29:20 +0200, Eric G.V. Fookes babbled about
      [NTB] Re: NoteTab.hlp/NoteTab.gid info proclaiming:

      >Hi Len,
      >
      >>In addition, if you copy a NoteTab.hlp file to another folder,
      >>also copy the NoteTab.gid file.

      Why? Pointless.

      >>If the NoteTab.exe file has been
      >>renamed to anyname.exe, rename the new .hlp and .gid files to
      >>somename.hlp and somename.gid. This will avoid other potential problems.

      Pointless.

      Eric, I had to take a second look. I could hardly believe you wrote
      this message! FYI the ".gid" files are generated BY the help file and
      not only do they not have to be copied, but they can be DELETED as
      they will just be created again the next time somebody runs the help
      file. Same with any file that ends in ".fts" they can also be deleted
      if desired. They are not as common, but will be re-created when the
      help command is issued on help files that use them. The CONTENT files,
      the ones that end in ".cnt" are mandatory and must follow the main
      help file wherever they go.

      Sean & Mona: a great tradition since 1996
      Running on Internet Explorer 5.0
      REAL psychics win lotteries...
      They don't run 1-900 numbers!