23253Re: Hyperlink to Topic In Outline

  • flo.gehrke
    Dec 6, 2013
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ray Shapp <rayshapp@...> wrote:

      > I want to link from one outline to a specific topic in a second
      > outline when the two outlines may be in different folders and
      > the second outline is not already open in NoteTab.
      >
      > The following does open the second outline (This and That.otl):
      >
      > [cmd.exe /c start D:\Personal\RAS\"Odds and ends\This and That.otl"]

      Why using CMD.EXE?

      Insert a string like...

      [E:\Any directory\ClipCode Syntax.otl::Insert Math Function]

      into an OTL, place the cursor between brackets, and press Crtl+H. Now NT will perfectly open ClipCode Syntax.otl and jump directly to the topic "Insert Math Function". No quotes needed.

      For more details, see 'Help|Help Topics|How to...|Use Web and Document Links'.

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic