23167Re: [NTB] Generate Random Alphanumeric Codes

  • Bob McAllister
    Aug 22, 2013
      On 22/08/2013 7:17 AM, burtabreu wrote:
      > Hi. I have been using Notetab Pro for several years, but mostly as an enhanced text editor and sometimes use the built in menu tools to clean stuff up. I know it is possible to do some macro like programming stuff but have never experimented.
      >
      > I will need to generate a list of 10,000 random unique alphanumeric numbers every so often here at work and was wondering if NoteTab Pro can do this and if there might be an example or an existing clip I can use?
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > Burt

      Be aware that 10,000 random alphanumeric strings need not be "unique". A
      truly random number generator will (eventually) produce the same number
      twice.

      You may need to apply a check mechanism to ensure that there are no
      repeated entries in your list of 10,000 (if that is actually a
      requirement of your use case.)

      Bob McAllister
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic