23121Re: [NTB] Unlocking files on vr 6.1 pro

  • Andy M
    Jul 23, 2013
      GDay John,

      You are correct in that many people do not ask the right questions, but
      sometimes what is the right question?

      Your question for example should have included the fact that you want to
      stream the video, in which case I would have suggested checking that
      your firewall and router are open on the port/s that you use to stream
      the video out. Don't rely on the program/s you use to do that for you as
      they may well be closing the port/s when you quit those programs.

      On the subject of Off Topic questions, I don't see any problem with them
      at all, particularly when they are not so off topic as this one was.

      Most people join a group and as part of interacting with that group
      questions are asked and answers given. This builds a certain amount of
      trust between individuals and that trust is often the driver behind OT

      I believe the OP felt comfortable enough to ask trusted members of this
      group about a problem he had. As it turns out, the question he had was
      not completely off topic as it involves files saved with NOTETAB. Just
      because the cause of that problem is NOT Notetab and is in fact Windows
      could not be foreseen by the OP could it?

      You on the other hand were knowledgeable enough to realise where the
      problem lay and so deemed the OP's question to be off topic.

      Without the needed knowledge though, the question could be regarded as
      ON TOPIC.

      Stop and think before you criticise because it may well turn out that
      the egg is on your face.

      And speaking of Off Topic, what do these links have to do with Notetab?

      RecipeTools Web Site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com/>

      Andy M