22975Re: Return to same place (retain cursor position) when switch outline headers?

  • mycroftj
    Dec 27, 2012
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jim Eoff <jimeoff@...> wrote:

      > When I click to change the focus from one outline header to another, the
      > cursor is positioned at the start of the header. Is there a way to make
      > it automatically return to where I was the last time the header was
      > viewed (or at least the last time since the file was opened)?
      >
      > Thanks

      I see discussion has focused on non-clip solutions, but it doesn't sound hard to create a clip for what you want. I picture running the clip which will present a list of all the topics in the current outline. Click the one you want and it remember where you are in the current topic and then switch to the desired topic and go to the last position for that topic or the beginning if never there. You could make it automatically clear 'memory' when switching to a different outline or remember all settings until you close note tab or switch to a different library. Yes, there are ways to save settings permanently. I don't know your level of clip programming, but I think the basic script would be quite simple.

      Joy
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic