22961Re: [NTB] Error in Text Statistics Tool?

  • elibrarian22
    Dec 12, 2012
      The newest - 7.1 Pro.

      To obtain the correct results, I copied the list of different words and counts (which works as usual, except for the totals) into a spreadsheet and SUM'med.

      The linecount is fetched from notetab itselv with wordwarp toggled off.

      "Freezing learns naked woman to spin" (bad translation of danish proverb ;o)

      Regards,

      Kim

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Marcelo Bastos <bytext@...> wrote:

      > Interviewed by CNN on 12/12/2012 14:27, elibrarian22 told the world:
      > > There seems to be an error in the text statistics tool, when counting on bigger files. For example, I get:
      > >
      > > Different words counted: 7
      > > Total words: 64
      > > Total characters: 356
      > > Total lines: 2
      > >
      > > in a file, where the correct counts is:
      > >
      > > Different words counted: 7652
      > > Total words: 64432
      > > Total characters: 356241
      > > Total lines: 2529
      > >
      > > It seems, the dialog chops of the last three ciphres?
      > >

      > Which version of Notetab? I'm still in 6.2 Pro, and it seems to work all
      > right -- I tested it with a file about 9 times bigger than yours, and it
      > didn't choke.
      >
      > Perhaps it's a 7.x bug?
      >
      > (And, by the way, I'm curious... if Notetab is having problems with that
      > feature, how did you obtain the *correct* counts? Different program?)
      >
      > --
      > MCBastos
      >
      > This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.
      > -=-=-
      > ... Sent from my Philips Pronto.
      > * Added by TagZilla 0.7a1 running on Seamonkey 2.14.1 *
      > Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic