22952Re: [NTB] Basic Clip "Move cursor position" question

  • Alec Burgess
    Nov 22, 2012
      On 2012-11-22 18:12, Marcelo Bastos wrote:
      > After checking, I have to admit that I have taken the lazy way out and
      > used ^!Keyboard a number of times in my clips, for these keypresses:
      >
      > Shift+Ctrl+J (Join lines)
      > SHIFT+CTRL+k (capitalize words)
      > DELETE
      > UP (move one line up)
      > CTRL+N (new document)
      > CTRL+X (cut)
      > CTRL+V (paste)
      > Shift+DOWN (extend selection by one line)
      >
      > A quick check through the help file suggests at least some of them
      > (Ctrl+N, Ctrl+V, could be replaced by native Clip commands with a bit of
      > tweaking. But I didn't find anything equivalent to Shift+Ctrl+J,
      > SHIFT+CTRL+k, UP or Shift+Down. (I didn't find the specific command to
      > replace Ctrl+X or DELETE, but I believe there must be one, it's just a
      > matter of finding its syntax...)
      Most of them can be replaced with ^!Menu {main
      entry}/{sub-entry}/sub-sub-entry (where entries containing blanks must
      be enclosed in quotes.
      > ^!Menu NameSequence (added in v4.9)
      >
      > You can use this command to activate any enabled command from the main
      > program menu. The first menu name in the sequence is the one that
      > appears at the top of the main menu, followed by submenu names (if
      > any), and then the name of the final menu item to activate. You must
      > separate submenu items with a forward slash and leave out any
      > ellipsis. You should put double quotes around a menu name if it
      > contains one or more forward slash characters. The case of characters
      > does not have to be the same as the actual menu commands.
      > The following example opens the Font dialog box for the active document:
      > ^!MENU Document/Font/Change Font
      > The example below inserts the date and time from the menu command
      > (notice the use of double quotes):
      > ^!MENU Document/"Insert Date/Time"
      eg. ^!Menu Modify/Lines/"Split Lines" and ^!Menu Edit/Delete.
      For: Shift+DOWN (extend selection by one line) I think ^!Select nnn and
      ^!Select +/-nnn specifically ^!Select +1 will do what you want.

      Also don't forget ^!Toolbar tooltip-text eg. ^!Toolbar "Split Lines"
      (not checked but assume it also requires quotes) (... later ... maybe
      not per the examples in Help for ^!Toolbar)