      From: notetab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notetab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of robanderson139
      Sent: Monday, October 01, 2012 3:09 PM
      To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NTB] Re: Copy and Paste Problems with NoteTab Pro 7.01/fv

      Hey everyone,

      I wanted to let you know that this problem appears to be SOLVED!

      I've been keeping an eye on my Task Manager today, focusing on CPU usage, and I noticed a program popping up repeatedly. (I can
      thank this thread for that -- the various pointers to more complicated process viewers/managers got me as least monitoring Task
      Manager -- so thanks for that). When I tracked it down, it turned out to be the WebRoot SecureAnywhere software, which was installed
      on my laptop before I got it (I bought it from a big box store with the software all pre-loaded). I didn't even know it was on the
      machine and in fact had since loaded my own security software.

      Anyway, some Googling revealed that there's a list of "Protected Applications." And when I tracked down that sub-menu, sure enough,
      there was listed NTP, EditPad, and even the directory I created to hold them -- all marked as "Deny". Once I switched them to
      "Allow" my paste is again working. Why the ONLY thing it was denying was pasting is beyond me.

      What a HUGE waste of time -- and I apologize to everyone who spent time on this as well. If I had known the software was on my
      machine, I would've looked there FIRST (and DID check my OWN virus/security software way back).

      Anyway, THANK YOU everyone for your help. And I figured I'd post up in case others ever have a similar problem.

      Rob
    • Show all 47 messages in this topic