22575Re: [NTB] Remove x number of characters from a line of text

  • flo.gehrke
    May 28 7:22 AM
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "elibrarian22" <kim@...> wrote:

      > This one should take care of any number of digits being at the
      > end of a line, after after a space (including the space):
      >
      > \x20\d*?$
      > that is:
      > ? = make the previous expression non-greedy

      The purpose of making a pattern ungreedy is to prevent it from achieving unwanted matches where this could happen. So what are the possibly unwanted matches here if -- between the space and the EOL -- the pattern is aimed at nothing but digits at EOL, and we want to get them all?

      Flo
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic