22568Re: [NTB] Remove x number of characters from a line of text

  • Alan G
    May 27, 2012
      On Sun, 27 May 2012 23:22:00 -0400, you wrote in part:

      > John is of course correct but for the specific case you described -
      > space followed by two or 3 digits you want:
      > Find=\x20\d{2,3}
      > Replace = (i.e. leave empty)
      > with regex find turned on.
      > For an idea of some of the other things it will do for you:
      > Help-Help on Regular Expressions-Syntax Quick Reference

      I can't write a RegEx myself, but the problem didn't preclude such
      strings occurring internal to a line. To meet the requirement of the OP
      won't the RegEx have to be anchored to end of line?
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic