22566Re: [NTB] Remove x number of characters from a line of text

  • Alec Burgess
    May 27, 2012

      On 2012-05-27 23:40, biwilliams wrote:
      > My "Help-Help on Regular Expressions" contains no "Syntax Quick
      > Reference".
      > It does contain a heading of "PCRE Syntax summary", which looks quite
      > complicated. Doesn't look like I'll be absorbing this in an
      > afternoon's work! :)

      You may have an earlier version. I've pasted mine below but if you
      google [quick regex syntax reference] the first 10 or so hits look
      pretty good with the first one:Regular Expressions (/RegEx/) -/Quick
      Reference/ <http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RegEx-QuickRef.htm>
      worth a good read.

      Honestly, if motivated, an hour or so should get you well on your way to
      (at minimum) see how John's and my examples work and have you able to
      come up with at least good stabs at creating them yourself.

      look at Characters, Character types, Character Classes, Quantifiers
      and Anchors and Assertions first then try them in Notetabs Find+Replace
      Dialog.