22560Remove x number of characters from a line of text

  • biwilliams
    May 27, 2012
      Hi all,
      Discovered Notetab about 6 years ago, and been using it ever since.
      I bought the full version, but haven't really (up until this point) dived into the real 'heavy lifting' that I suspect it is capable of.
      But now I have a job to do, and want to know if Notetab Pro can do what I want.
      I have a series of text files where each line contains a set of data.
      Each line ends with either a 2 digit number, or a 3 digit number, either of which is preceded by a space.
      Those numbers are no longer relevent to the data, and I'd like to be able to strip off those characters from the end of each line.
      Is there a way to write some kind of macro in Notetab Pro that essentially says "look for the last space on a line, followed by a 2 or 3 digit number. now remove the space and the digits which follow it"?
      Thanks in advance!
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic