22425Re: Pre-release #2 of NoteTab 7.0 available

  • mycroftj
    Mar 28, 2012

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I'm have just uploaded a new pre-release of NoteTab Light and NoteTab Pro Trial version 7.0.
      >
      > * Updated Clip functions to support regular expressions and wildcards:
      > ^$StrCount("SubStr";"Str"[;Options])$
      > ^$StrPos("SubStr";"Str"[;Options])$
      > ^$StrReplace("SubStr";"Str"[;Options])$
      > Regards,
      >
      > Eric Fookes
      > http://www.fookes.com/

      I'm sorry if this is a duplicate message. I posted it two days ago but still don't see it so will do it again. I have to get more sleep...

      I mentioned a few items that I feel did not work correctly in NTL 6.2 which are...

      Sorting from the toolbar or a clip causes the newly ordered lines to display without the tab settings being applied. I must make some change to the tab settings of the doc to have the doc display correctly.

      Changing only the tab settings for a doc does not trigger the "Doc has changed" flag. While some disagree since no text has been changed, the tab settings are stored for each doc which means something about the doc HAS changed.

      Double clicking in the middle of a word selects the word from the click position the the beginning of the word instead of the entire word. Some people say it works correctly for them while others say it does not.

      This appears NEW IN VER 7! (At least I never noticed it in 6.2)
      Double clicking on a word opens a tab in my browser. I noticed that the word must be the last or next to last word in a sentence ending with a period. So clicking on "normally" opens a tab with the address file://localhost/C:/Users/user/Documents/Info/Misc/normally
      (The doc exists in C:/Users/user/Documents/Info/Misc)

      I also did not see the updated descriptions for StrCount, StrPos, StrReplace and the new StrWordCount in the new documentation.

      Hope this helps.

      Joy
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic