22424Pre-release #2 of NoteTab 7.0 available
- Mar 27, 2012Hi everyone,
I'm have just uploaded a new pre-release of NoteTab Light and NoteTab
Pro Trial version 7.0.
Here's a list of the main changes since the first pre-release:
* Added real-time word count feature, with a choice between two counting
methods. The feature is controlled through the View|Word Count submenu
and the word count is displayed in the status bar next to the Ins/Ovr
info panel. Word-count is based either on selected text or the whole
document (or topic with Outlines). This feature is not available in
NoteTab Light (unless you enable trial mode).
The MS Word method returns a count that should be a close match to the
word-count result in Microsoft Word. The NoteTab method is more
sophisticated and counts words using a more extensive set of word
delimiters. MS Word mostly counts words delimited by space characters.
In the following examples, MS Word counts one word per line whereas
NoteTab counts three words in each:
* When the real-time word-count feature is enabled, you can click on the
corresponding panel in the status bar to see more detailed text
statistics. You will see the word count based on the NoteTab method, the
average number of characters per word, the number of sentences, and the
average number of words per sentence. This information is particularly
valuable to copywriters, bloggers and journalists.
* Added new Bootstrap library, Clipbar and templates. Bootstrap, from
Twitter, is a fantastic collection of CSS and HTML for rapidly
developing professional-looking web sites. For more information, visit
the official Bootstrap website through this link:
* Added new Clip function to count the number of words in a string:
Method = MsWord or NoteTab
* Updated Clip functions to support regular expressions and wildcards:
C: Searches for whole words only.
I: Ignores character case.
R: Specifies that the search criteria represents a regular expression.
*: Specifies that the search criteria uses wildcards.
A: Use to replace all matched occurrences with ^$StrReplace. When this
option is not used, only the first match is replaced.
* Fixed issue in ^$GetDateToInt[(Date;DateFilter)]$ function that failed
when date filter did not exactly match date pattern. Example:
* Fixed an issue with ^$GetDocumentPath$ and the %NtbDocuments% token
failing to use the user-defined default directories.
* Fixed errors in the Clip Assistant.
* Fixed an issue in the Modify | Block | Cut feature that failed to work
if only the last character column was selected.
If you would like to try NoteTab 7 and provide feedback before the final
version is released, use the download links below:
NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
NoteTab Pro 7 (30-day trial version)
You can safely install the trial version of NoteTab Pro 7 alongside your
paid version of NoteTab Pro 6. Just make sure you don't install it in
the same folder!
I look forward to reading your comments and feedback.
- Next post in topic >>