22418Pre-release of NoteTab 7.0 available
- Mar 21, 2012Hi everyone,
I'm pleased to announce to you the availability of a pre-release version
of NoteTab 7.0 -- at last! :)
Here's a list of the main changes since version 6.2:
* Under Windows 32-bit with the /3GB option and Windows x64, NoteTab can
now allocate resources past the 2GB address limit when needed (up to 4 GB).
* Added support for wildcard searching in find/replace tools. This
feature is not available in NoteTab Light (unless you enable trial
mode). The following tokens are provided:
* = matches 0 or more word characters. Example: "jo*" matches "JO",
"John", "Jody", "joint", "join_leave".
# = matches 0 or more word characters, including HTML entity
characters. Example: "na#" matches "naïve", "naïve", and "naïve".
** = matches 0 or more characters and can span across words within a
line. Example: "click**link" matches "click link", "click on link",
"clicking on link", "Click on this link", but not "click on links".
? = matches exactly one word character. Example: "jo?" matches "Job"
and "jot", but not "JO", "John", "Jody", and "joint".
~ = matches 0 or one word characters. Example: "jo~" matches "JO",
"Job", and "jot", but not "John", "Jody", and "joint".
& = matches exactly one word character or one HTML entity. Example:
"caf&" matches "café", "café", and "café".
Word characters include alphanumeric characters, all extended ANSI
characters, as well as "_".
To search with wildcard tokens, select the Wildcards option in the
Search drop-down list. Choose Standard for literal searching and
"Regular Exp." for searching with regular expressions.
The ^!Find and ^!Replace Clip commands also support wildcard searching.
Use "*" as an option parameter. The following example searches for words
that end in "tab":
^!FIND "*tab" C*
* Added new HTML-CSS and HTML-AutoReplace libraries and Clipbar, which
include support for HTML5 and CSS3. They replace the following outdated
files (note that these are not uninstalled by NoteTab):
* Added two new web page templates (Web page.tpl and Web page HTML5.tpl)
to replace the following outdated files (note that these are not
uninstalled by NoteTab):
* Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest release, which is
based on PCRE 8.30.
* A confirmation dialog box is now displayed when the Close All menu
command is used.
* The Find and Replace dialog boxes now show search results in a balloon
(unless you are using Blind-User mode) instead of a message box. This
speeds up you work as you no longer need to click on the message box OK
button to close it.
* The "Search Disk.fvr" Favorites file created after a Search Disk
operation now removes the maximum limit of 65 files.
* Program file is now code signed to reduce the risk of anti-virus false
* Fixed printing issue whereby last page or pages failed to print.
* Fixed issue with "Save Directory" setting being ignored under the "Use
Default Directories" option.
* Fixed issue with "Disk Files" option in "Quick List" when "Show Full
Names" option is turned off.
* Fixed issue when pasting text with non-Windows line breaks into
* Partially fixed issue with disappearing Clip wizard labels under
Windows 7 (though the problem does reappear if you hit the Alt key).
* Fixed issue when comparing negative integer values in Clips.
* Fixed issue in ^$GetDate(Date Mask;+/-days)$ function when using the
* Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.
* Updated documentation.
There are still a couple of features missing from the pre-release
copies. I'll save them as a surprise for later... <g>
The price for NoteTab Pro 7 will be increased to $39.95 (sorry about
that). The new pricing is necessary to make NoteTab financially viable
again. Registered users will benefit from a 50% upgrade discount.
Customers who purchased NoteTab this year will be entitled to a free
NoteTab Std will no longer be sold as a separate product, but will be
included with NoteTab Pro. However, it will be available for free as a
single product through TrialPay.
If you would like to try NoteTab 7 and provide feedback before the final
version is released, use the download links below:
NoteTab Light 7 (freeware)
NoteTab Pro 7 (30-day trial version)
You can safely install the trial version of NoteTab Pro 7 alongside your
paid version of NoteTab Pro 6. Just make sure you don't install it in
the same folder!
I do hope you will like this new release, even though the program
interface hasn't changed. A lot of work has gone into it, and as I said
earlier, there are still a couple of surprises to come...
I look forward to reading your comments and feedback.
- Next post in topic >>