22320Re: [NTB] Use Command-line Parameters even when double-clicking txt file to launch ?

  • tuttle.grey
    Dec 1, 2011
      Thanks for the reply. If I understand you, the options are:

      1. Edit a registry key for each file type that I want to associate with a Command-line switched shortcut to NoteTab.

      2. Use Win Explorer to change the file association for each file type that I want to open in NoteTab, to point it to a Command-line switched shortcut to NoteTab. And that would have to be repeated for eacy file type and for each user account.

      Is that correct?

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:
      > At 12/01/2011 14:02, you wrote:
      > >Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1
      > >NoteTab Pro 6.2
      > >
      > >I'm trying to share user settings between Windows useraccounts. This
      > >worksby adding the /USER parameter to any shortcut to NoteTabPro.exe. As
      > >long as NoteTabPro is launched via such a shortcut, the parameters are in
      > >effect.
      > >
      > >However, when a user double-clicks a file whose extension is associated
      > >with NoteTab (e.g. .txt), only a default NoteTab environment launches. It
      > >does not use my .ini file or other user files.
      > >
      > >How do you handle that situation? Have any of you figured out a way to
      > >enable launching of NoteTabPro by double-clicking an associated file, but
      > >still force it to use the Command-line Parameters?
      > Yes, we lost a lot of flexibility going from NTB v4.95 to v5+. I was forced
      > to come up with another way of invoking NTB. It involves editing your
      > registry which you may or may not be willing or able to do.
      > You would need admin rights.
      > I edited my registry directly (seems like I use RegEdit almost as often as
      > I use NoteTab<g>), but it should be possible to accomplish the same results
      > using Explorer's folder options | file types menus | advanced.
      > I edited my HCR registry "hive" to redirect the .txt file extension to a
      > new Notetab key that called Notetab with my desired /USER parameters. HCR
      > entries apply to all users. The Explorer approach adds FileExts entries to
      > the current user in the HKU hive so it only applies to a single user. You
      > would have to log into and repeat the process for all user accounts.
      > Using the Explorer method more tedious and less flexible but is safer. It
      > depends on you comfort level on editing the registry. If this is something
      > you want to explore, give me a yell. Direct registry edit discussions would
      > probably be best done via direct email.
      > Namaste', Art
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic