      From: notetab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notetab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of flo.gehrke
      Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 13:19
      To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NTB] Re: Missing Find and Search history dropdowns

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , "John Shotsky" <jshotsky@...> wrote:

      > Recently, my find and search histories have stopped working for
      > some documents. For other documents, it works fine...

      John,

      I've checked some TXT files from my disk and found several files where the Search History actually is lost.

      When opening those files and running...

      ^!IfFileUnicode "^##" Next Else False
      ^!Info File is Unicode
      ^!Goto End
      :False
      ^!Info No Unicode

      ...I found out that the History is lost if the file is Unicode (UTF-8).

      I can see no comprehensible reason why this should happen. Is it a bug?

      Flo