22218Re: [NTB] Load a file into second window

  • Alec Burgess
    Sep 13, 2011
      On 2011-09-13 14:12, Len wrote:
      > Dragging didn't work.
      > I tried dragging from the tabs along the top, and I tried dragging
      > from the F6 index on the side.
      > Anyone have any suggestions how I can get a doc into second window?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Len in Dallas
      >
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Alex Plantema" <alex.plantema@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Op maandag 5 september 2011 06:36 schreef Len:
      > >
      > > > How to load a file into the second window?
      First make sure [Second Window] is one of your toolbuttons.
      Following in my results from retesting (I always used to have problems
      understanding how to get *exactly* the desired files positioned left and
      right too :-( )

      Starting from only one window displayed clicking [Second Window] will
      put curr-file in right and file to left of it in tab bar in the left
      window *except* if curr-file is left most (File_1) then File_1 goes to
      right window and File_2 goes to left window.

      From then on any clicks on tab bar replace left window's file.
      *NOTHING* will change the right window's file.
      Thus, if you want to get a specific file (File_R) in right-window, click
      [Second Window] again (result is a single window), click on File_R tab
      which makes it the only file, then again on [Second Window] which makes
      it the right window contents.

      Now click on the tab for file initially desired in left window (File_L)
      *ALL DONE* :-)

      Note: if you right-click on any tab and select [Allow reordering] you
      can drag drop files in the tab bar and thereby get desired files a
      little easier.
      For some reason [Allow reordering] does NOT get remembered across
      Notetab sessions. IIRC, Eric once gave explanation/reasoning for why
      this is so but I just live with it and turn it on when needed. ;-)