22174Re: NoteTab Light Questions at first open

  • Lawrence
    Jul 6, 2011
      You could make a base ini file and copy that to the program directory on each workstation. The drawback here is that you have to give all users on the PC access to the program directory.

      You could automate copying the ini file to the user's NoteTab directory at login, with a login script.

      Answer all the questions to get the base install you want, and when you exit NoteTab, it will be written to the ini file.

      You can also store the settings in the Registry, which I have never done in 13 years of NoteTab use.

      I looked in the help file, but did not see an obvious answer to automate it.

      It is possible this question has been asked before. Have you search the list archives?

      HTH,

      ~ Larry

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "mm_bsu" <marlenemcveigh@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I have several machines that I want to install NoteTab Light on. I can automate the installation easy enough but would like to prevent the initial questions from appearing when NoteTab is first openned. Is there some registry keys I can populate or a config file I can copy from one machine to another so the questions do not pop up?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic