22148Re: [NTB] New to WIn7: Can't Edit Libraries...

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Apr 25 8:40 AM
      Interviewed by CNN on 25/04/2011 08:49, steveadams8888 told the world:
      > Hi Everybody,
      >
      > I have been using NoteTab for years, currently using NoteTabPro 6.2 f/v.
      >
      > When I go to edit a Library CLB file, Win7 tells me that access is denied. My IT guy says I have no restrictions on my use of the computer (I am Owner/Creator and it says I have admin priveleges).
      >
      > Since I never had this problem on XP I'm thinking it's a Win7 thing.
      >
      > Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this problem of not being able to edit my Libraries?

      In Vista/Win7, even if the user has admin privileges, you have to
      explicitly "run as administrator" a program in order to the program to
      be able to use those administrative privileges. Otherwise it runs in a
      "regular user" level. You can do it by right-clicking on the icon and
      selecting "run as administrator." If you regularly needs this elevated
      privileges, you can set the shortcut to always request elevated
      privileges -- right-click on the icon, select "properties," go to
      "Compatibility" and enable the relevant option.

      This is probably happening because you are trying to edit one of the clb
      templates that came with Notetab, which are stored in the C:\Program
      Files\NoteTab Pro 6\Libraries (or something similar; I believe I changed
      somewhat the installation path of my copy).

      However, there's a better option. Move the library file to the
      C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro\Libraries folder;
      this is in your personal profile, instead of in the application folder,
      and it's fully user-editable. It won't be available to other users in
      the same machine, though.

      --
      MCBastos

      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.