22072Re: [NTB] NoteTab on a Mac
- Feb 28 8:04 AMInterviewed by CNN on 28/02/2011 11:48, Tony Hirtenstein told the world:
> I have recently acquired a Macbook. Does anybody run NoteTab on a Mac,I expect that you would have to use one of the following approaches (in
> and if so how?
increasing order of Mac-ness):
1. Install Windows (probably by means of Boot Camp, so you can choose
Windows or MacOS on boot).
2. Use a virtualization solution to run Windows inside MacOS -- like
Parallels, or VMWare, or VirtualBox. Some of those offer so-called
"seamless" mode, where you have a Windows application apparently
floating on a Mac desktop.
3. Use a compatibility layer utility, like Wine or Crossover, that lets
an Windows application "talk" to the MacOS environment. This has the
additional advantage of not requiring you to purchase a Windows license,
like the two previous ones. NoteTab is known to work on Wine, so it
should work on Crossover also (Crossover being the commercial version of
Wine). But it might be a tad more complicated to configure.
This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized
use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.
... Sent from my shoephone.
*Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.0.11 *
Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>