22056Re: [NTB] NoteTab 6.2 Odd Minimize/Restore Behaviour

  • stevetbon1
    Feb 23, 2011
      Hi Don again

      I have been experimenting some more. Everything I said before still applies with one intermittent exception.

      With the S&R box open and NoteTab minimized, most times Alt-Tab switches between the S&R box (only) and the other programs.

      If I Restore NoteTab with right-click on the NoteTab box on the open app bar and select Restore, then minimize and restore a few times using this method, sometimes the Alt-Tab combo will restore a minimized NoteTab when the S&R box is open.

      If this is a 6.2 bug, it is intermittent. Same if it is a unique issue between 6.2 and my particular machine. Either way, I'll learn to live with it or go back to 4.95.

      Thanks for listening.

      regards
      Steve in Thunder Bay, ON

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "stevetbon1" <jstudio@...> wrote:

      > Hi Don
      >
      > What you describe also works fine for me, until I also have a Search and Replace box open in NoteTab 6.2.
      >
      > Then the S&R box stays on the main screen, but now hidden behind other open programs, when the NoteTab program screen is minimized; clicking on the NoteTab box on the open app bar will not restore the program while the S&R box is still open. All that happens is the S&R box moves to the front of the screen on top of other open programs.
      >
      > The S&R box acts like it is disconnected from the main program while the latter is minimized. Alt-Tab in this situation rotates the S&R box and other open programs to screen front but the main NoteTab screen remains minimized.
      >
      > The minimized program will restore while the S&R box is stuck on screen only if I right-click the box on the open app bar and select the Restore command.
      >
      > NoteTab 4.95 minimized and restored normally whether or not a S&R box was active, so I think this is a 6.2 issue.
      >
      > Steve
      >
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Don <don@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I use XP SP3 and don't have the same issue if I understand it correctly.
      > > I can minimize and undo with no issues using click and un-click on the
      > > minus and the box in the bottom open app bar. I can use alt tab and go
      > > back and forth.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic