      From: notetab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notetab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marcelo Bastos
      Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 12:07 PM
      To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [NTB] Text-compare tools: recommendations?

      I have been searching for a good text-compare tool for years. Yes, I'm
      aware of WinMerge and similar tools, but they have a major shortcoming:
      they are geared for programmers, and do line-by-line comparison.
      Furthermore, they don't wrap lines.

      I'm looking for something able to deal with long lines of regular text,
      doing word-by-word (or better yet, character-by-character) comparison. I
      have been using Microsoft Word for that, but it has a big problem --
      Word is a terrible HTML editor (no, I lie: it would have to improve a
      lot in order to ascend to "terrible" status). So I have to use it to
      find the differences and edit them in Notetab in a separate window,
      which is not very efficient.

      I recently became aware of a tool called "Diffuse", and it seems to at
      least highlight the exact place of the difference (instead of just the
      entire line), but it still looks too programmer-geared for my needs.

      Does anybody know of a tool with the features I mentioned?

      --
      MCBastos

      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

      -=-=-
      ... It did what? Well, it's not supposed to do that.