22013Re: [NTB] Possible, two profiles with two list of docs?

  • DeborahP
    Nov 18, 2010
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence" <lmh@...> wrote:

      > If your command line to launch NoteTab uses the name of an ini file that does not exist, NoteTab will create it from scratch. So this behavior is correct.
      >
      > I use multiple shortcuts using different ini files for different projects. At work I have my main ini for my general day to day stuff, but use custom ini files for various big projects to keep that work separate and in a state I can pick up where I left off, without having to change anything.
      >
      > I also built a clip several years ago to build command lines to use to build the command lines to launch NoteTab.
      >
      > Here is a sample command line using nearly every option, my clip is old and I have not updated it to take advantage of all the options since.
      >
      > Following line may wrap:
      > "C:\NoteTab\NotePro.exe"/L="HTML" /C=HTML /INST="HTML Editing" /INI="Myini.ini"
      >
      > Here is my commandline that I use at work:
      >
      > Following line may wrap:
      > C:\NoteTab\NotePro.exe /L="_Work" /C=Work /INI="Work" /USER="C:\NoteTab"
      >
      > In my example above, I have the NoteTab directory on the C:\ drive, as I have been a 12.5 year user of NoteTab, and prefer it that way. /L is the library to start with, /C is the clipbar to start with, and /INI calls the ini, work.ini. you can include the .ini if you want.
      >
      > Looking at your example, make sure that the directory for your /USER parameter exists. You have double quotes around your parameters, so that is excellent.
      >
      > Also the ini file "noteprot.ini" should exist in the directory "d:\notetabt", or it will create a new ini if it cannot find it.
      >
      > Look at "Command-line Parameters" in the main NoteTab help.
      >
      > You have a valid command line in this example, so check for typos.
      >
      > If you are interested in my command line building clip, ask for it on the Clips list.

      Larry,

      Thank you again. I do not want to have to create a USER for notetab. I hope I can eliminate this step.

      I did find my mistake, I forgot part of the path (the directory 'Data'), and I eliminated the USER switch.

      so now I am using notetab.exe /INI="D:\data\notetabt\noteprot"

      This worked, and I can either insert another ini file into the above directory or create another Notetab type directory within Data. This helps me back things up when I back all of my Data directory to an external drive.

      But, I currently use NotetabPro in a more vanilla way - all changes occur within .ini. I have no mods in Favorites, Spelling, Libraries, or Templates. But this may change. I see switches on the command line for specifying an alternate location for Temp, Libraries, and Favorites, but not Spelling.

      It is great that NoteTab provides a high degree of granularity, but it would be nice too, if one could with a switch parm, just specify a new directory path for everything, period.

      Am I missing it?

      Thanks

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Debbie Pomerance <Debbie.pomerance@> wrote:
      > > I tried this, copied my .ini file to a new directory and tried the following
      > > on the shortcut
      > >
      > > notetab.exe /USER="d:\notetabt" /INI="d:\notetabt\noteprot"
      > >
      > > Notetab started, but it started as a new startup.
      > >
      > > I think my parameters are correct, syntax?
      > >
      > > Thank you.
      > >
      > > --
      > >
      > > Debbie Pomerance
      > > mailto Debbie.Pomerance@
      > >
      > > Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."
      > > For Net security use Unix, Linux, any 'ix' OS.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic