21917Re: [NTB] Proper text coding for using in Excel to prevent the HTML code from displaying?

  • mr_piano23
    Aug 31, 2010

      If you are using the latest version of Office (2007), it is probably saving and pasting in XML format (not xls format). Make sure you save your spreadsheet (and set the default save format) for office 2003.

      Microsoft now saves in XML as the default (which you can open with notepad because it is just a text file) so that all their programs can open the same files and share "data" among each other easier.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:
      > Get Sprays wrote:
      > >why is it then tha IF i drag the text file through MS Word it always inserts
      > >into Excel correctly but if it is coied from NT the sucess varies.
      > >
      > >someone pls. explain this to me.
      > I'm lost around Office programs but my highly unqualified guess is
      > that you need to change the character encoding in Excel, probably
      > from Unicode to ANSI or equivalent.
      > Lotta
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic