21878Re: [NTB] Re: Another application has modified [filename]. Reload it?

  • Eric Fookes
    Jul 20, 2010
      Hi Debbie,

      When you wrote about the issue of the modified files notifications
      popping up all the time, it was not clear to me that the feature was
      important to you and that you wanted to keep using it. I had understood
      that you were simply looking for a way to stop those notifications from
      appearing. It was not my intention to brush you off. I really thought my
      suggestion answered your support request.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      On 20/07/2010 18:11, debbie_packer wrote:

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes<egroups@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi Debbie,
      >>
      >> I'm sorry you were disappointed by the fast response and the suggested
      >> workaround. We don't know why your server is causing a file date stamp
      >> mismatch, but we know the issue is external to NoteTab. Unfortunately,
      >> we are not able to help you change your server configuration in order to
      >> fix the issue. If we knew of such a fix, we would have told you.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Regards,
      >>
      >> Eric Fookes
      >> http://www.fookes.com/
      >
      > Thank you for your response here. I'm not trying to be difficult, I was just annoyed by an initial response to just turn off the feature if it's not working. I don't really consider that a work-around because turning it off is not going to help the feature work. Right?
      >
      > I will be interested to visit this forum again when others upgrade to the new version of Samba to see if they have the same problem (if that's what the problem really is). But at least there's already a thread here to tell them that it's their problem to figure out.
      >
      > Thanks again.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic