21462Re: [NTB] Concatenation of files

  • Sheri
    Nov 6, 2009
      Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
      > yes it can ...
      > ^!AppendToFile "FileName" AnyText
      > Appends the specified text to the end of a disk file. A new file is
      > created if FileName does not exist.
      >
      > Open all, copy to clipboard, append to file contents of clipboard, close
      > file and move to the next one.
      >

      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      >
      >> Greetings,
      >> I have 20 or so files,each with the same name, but in different folders.
      >> I want to concatenate them into one file.
      >> Can this be done in NT?
      >>
      >> I searched the Help files, but I did not find anything.
      >> Thanks,
      >> -Mike

      ^!InsertFile "FileName"

      will insert the contents of the referenced file to the current cursor
      position in the current document.

      But this is not the list for discussing clips.

      You can do the same thing one file at a time without a clip using Insert
      File... from the Document menu.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic