21419Re: [NTB] Temporary Files Folder For NoteTab Light?

  • Alec Burgess
    Oct 23, 2009
      loro (tabbie@...) wrote (in part) (on 2009-10-23 at 02:06):
      > J. wrote:
      > >Thanks, Lotta. Unfortunately, when I did the search I only came up
      > >with the .bak files. I need the ones with the ~efo suffix I think,
      > >which have not showed up on my system. I'm not sure what to do next.
      > >The crash has been instant each time, but there doesn't seem to be a
      > >fingerprint at all left on the hard drive. Any help would be great.
      >
      > The ~efo files are supposed to self-delete when Notetab is closed,
      > but sometimes they linger anyway. So alas it is as it should be if
      > you don't have any. I wouldn't think Notetab would do any cleanup
      > during a crash though, so I'd expect to find some ~efos if they were
      > created after the last start of Notetab,
      Jé:
      I think (pls correct me if I'm wrong) that ~efo files are only created
      when needed - ie. when opening an open "dirty" file (one not saved to
      disk since last change made to it) with [View in browser]. So after a
      crash I'd only expect to find an ~efo if the file had been viewed during
      that session. If your primary use of notetab is editing HTML files and
      checking what they look like in your browser then you'd have more of
      them hanging around.

      Going forward ... you could set backup type to incremental and auto-save
      every 'n' minutes to have higher probability of having a recoverable
      version after problems but then you'd want to clean out the no longer
      required old backups every so often.

      Note if using Everything http://www.voidtools.com/ these can be cleared
      almost instantly by searching for "~ [ ]" (w/o quotes) which finds all
      files containing all of tilda and right and left square brackets. (eg.
      ~NoName02[001].txt)