      From: notetab@yahoogroups.com [mailto:notetab@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Marcelo Bastos
      Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 18:12
      To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NTB] Performance issues with large files

      Interviewed by CNN on 17/8/2009 21:07, John Shotsky told the world:
      > Now that you mention it, I too have occasional slowdowns, which I long ago tracked down to needing to save more often.
      > However, just clicking the save button is not enough, because you can STILL undo after that. You have to save, close
      and
      > reopen in order to clear it completely in some cases. It may be that in my case I'm working with unsaved files to
      start
      > with - I use a lot of unnamed files for my work, as 'workspaces'. I undo and redo constantly to see what the clips
      have
      > done and when. Eventually, I have to close them and open new documents.

      No, it can't be the undo cache. I have just tested it: I closed NoteTab,
      reopened it, opened a 700kb file I haven't been editing in a long time,
      jumped to the end of the file and... there it is, slow again. As I
      mentioned, it seems to have something to do with updating the screen,
      and it has to be far from the beginning of the file.

      Marcelo

      -=-=-
      ** ERROR ** Unable to insert witty tagline.
      * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.17