21068Re: word wrap doesn't work

  • Sheri
    May 21, 2009
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "rbreichart" <rbr27@...> wrote:

      > The actual operation of NoteTab's "word wrap" and "wrap to
      > column" functions comes across to me as upside down to any normal
      > expectation. Of course, that may well make then stronger and more
      > efficient when they're used as the designer conceived them.
      > However, after studying the "help" paragraph and experimenting
      > with several different settings on the document I was trying to
      > work with (both on with column=60 and =76, each one on/off, and
      > both off,...) I find that the effects are unpredictable and often
      > the opposite of what I expected.

      It does seem odd, possibly a bug. If you activate column wrap for a document, it immediately updates the wrapping once. But removing the column wrap option (either by unclicking the checkbox or by selecting Document Default Properties) does not provide the expected immediate change in format. Neither do subsequent attempts to enable and disable (normal) word wrap. The column wrap boundary doesn't seem to get visibly removed until you reload the document.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic