21045Re: [NTB] Installing version 6 over version 5

  • Bill Mosca
    May 15, 2009
      Sean

      I'm really not as computer illiterate as I seem. I can create shortcuts. I can even create them using VBScript and VBA. I just found the install of NoteTab 6 frustrating in that there was no option to over-write and since the updater is called an updater and not an upgrader I expected it to remove the older version. But that's my problem. When I went to create the lost shortcut is when I saw the two versons installed. Uninstalling 5 after installing 6 caused 6 to break.

      Upon re-installing to a generic NoteTab folder things did go fairly smoothly, although I did have to download the dictionaries. Hopefully, that's all I lost. I have backups of my .ini file and libraries.

      I was just expressing my experience and opinion as a customer. I would think the company would want that kind of feedback. I know I want my users to let me know when one of my applications is not doing what is expected.

      And I appologize to Mr. Fookes for misspelling his name. I didn't even know that was a person's name. I just knew it was the name of the software. For all I knew, Fookes meant "My" in Swedish. I happen to have a good friend with the last name of Frooke. I must have confused the two. (By the way, my friend pronounces his last name as it rhymes with "spoke")

      Regards,
      Bill Mosca,
      http://www.thatlldoit.com
      Founder - MS_Access_Professionals