20975Re: NoteTab crashes opening certain files

  • quux2000
    Apr 2, 2009
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "quux2000" <quux2000@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am using NoteTab Pro 5.8/fv on Vista Ultimate 32 SP1. NoteTab
      > > crashes on every attempt to open certain files.
      > >
      > > In iTunes (I'm using version 8.1.0.51), you can right-click a
      > > playlist or library and export a text file listing. It oddly
      > > outputs everything on 1 line with no newline at the end of the
      > > file. However, I am able to open these text files using MS
      > > Notepad. Every time I open these using NoteTab, I get the
      > > following error messages, and the file is not displayed.
      > >
      > > Access violation at address 0040949B in module 'NotePro.exe'.
      > > Write of address 2037305C
      > > Access violation at address 00409BCA in module 'NotePro.exe'. Write of address 2037305C
      > >
      > > Here's the output of UNIX 'wc' of the file I am attempting to open:
      > >
      > > 0 79826 558474 My_Nano.txt
      > >
      > > I realize that a "0-line" file is unusual and the result of
      > > possibly buggy behavior from the program that created it.
      > > However, if I can open such files in MS Notepad without it
      > > crashing, IMHO I should also be to open them in NoteTab. At least
      > > there should be some code in NoteTab that prevents these errors
      > > dialogs from being presented to the user.
      >
      > Windows, Unix and Mac all use different line break formulations. If its not Windows and its not Unix, it is probably Mac. NoteTab should be able to deal with it even if no lines by any of the standards. Could you zip and post the file into our Group files area? I can check if the problem occurs on XP with Notetab 5.7 and/or 5.8.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri

      OK, thank you. I have uploaded a file with name "Sixties.zip." The text file contained within was created by simply using the "export playlist as text file" function in iTunes. I have made no modifications to the file.
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic