20920Re: [NTB] "Open With" not working

  • Sheri
    Feb 3, 2009
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Lane <geoff@...> wrote:
      > On Tuesday, February 3, 2009, Dave wrote:
      > > what I would do is to go the config file and open it with notetab
      > > and do it that way ,you do not need to go to open with.
      > ---
      > Hi Dave,
      > I'm not sure what you mean here. I browse to the config file in
      > Windows Explorer and no matter whether I go to the File menu or
      > right-click the file, I still have to choose Open With ...
      > NoteTab isn't in the list of available applications with which to
      > open the file, and even if I browse to and select the NoteTab.exe
      > executable, Windows still won't open the file in NoteTab. This
      > makes me suspect that NoteTab didn't install correctly but I'm
      > unsure how to correct this since a reinstall didn't fix the
      > issue.
      > Am I missing something?

      I've always used SendTo to send a file from Explorer to NoteTab. I
      have (in XP) a Windows shortcut for NoteTab in the folder C:\Documents
      and Settings\MyUserName\SendTo. That puts NoteTab on the list of
      options when I right-click a file in Explorer and select Send To.
      Works fine.

      Just tried Open With, and not only did it not open the file in
      NoteTab, it oddly tried to open it in Nero (CD/DVD burner). Weird.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic