20879Re: [NTB] Bug still not fixed?

  • Ugly Me
    Feb 1, 2009
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Alex Plantema
      To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 5:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [NTB] Bug still not fixed?

      Op zondag 1 februari 2009 02:57 schreef Ugly Me:

      >> It's frustrating having to deal with the read-only bug that has
      >> lasted for several versions of NoteTab.
      >
      >It's not a bug, it's a feature.
      >This happens with binary files and unicode files.
      >Notetab cannot edit them, and saving an edited version would make them >unusable.
      >So it's a protection.

      But it defeats the purpose of having an editor if I cannot edit files.

      One formerly impressive flexibility of NoteTab is to

      -load several files at once (not all can do that)

      -initiate changes (eg. search & replace) on all files currently loaded.

      This doesn't work, of course, if the files are set to read-only as they are

      loaded. So I had a thought, which, if it is not implemented yet, it may be an idea. When you consider the /R command line parameter that sets read-only when invoking NoteTab, can a similar switch be created for force R/W capability if needed? I realize this seems redundant for most users. However, for me it seems like something that can be quite useful.

      Until such time, I guess I'll have to use a compatible version such as 4.51 instead.

      -Sean

      .