20871Re: [NTB] Re: Bug still not fixed?

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Jan 31, 2009
      Interviewed by CNN on 1/2/2009 01:22, lm_hamilton told the world:
      > I am not sure that this is a bug. More information is needed to help
      > with your issue. I have never had a file decide to become read only
      > all by itself, so I suspect something else is going on.
      >
      > 1.) What Version of NoteTab?
      > 2.) What Variety of Notetab? (Light, Standard, Pro, Trial Version?)
      > 3.) What version of Windows? (98, 2000, XP, Vista?)
      > Do you have the security permissions to install software?
      > Where are you NoteTab files located?
      >
      > Once we have this information, we will ask more questions to narrow
      > the scope of the issue.

      Hmmm... is that "turning the file read-only" or "locking the file while
      editing?" These are two different things.

      However, for the record: I have often opened the same file
      simultaneously in NoteTab and Microsoft Word (mostly to use Word's
      compare files feature while doing the actual editing in NoteTab). Even
      if I open the file *first* in NoteTab, Word does *not* flag the file as
      read-only (that is, NoteTab does not lock the file for editing). Word
      *does* lock the file, though -- I have to close the file in Word first
      to be able to save the file in NoteTab.

      Marcelo

      -=-=-
      A critic is a man who leaves no turn unstoned.
      * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.14
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic