20812Re: [NTB] "Hanging" context menus in "NoteTab Light" (5.7b)

  • Alec Burgess
    Nov 19, 2008
      lowellaguno (lowellaguno@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-11-17 at
      13:29):
      > This is regarding "NoteTab Light" (v5.7b):
      >
      > When using the context menu (right-clicking in text window) for the
      > CUT/COPY/PASTE and SELECT ALL/COPY ALL functions, the context menu
      > does not disappear after left-clicking on the desired function. A
      > second left-click outside the context menu box is needed for the box
      > to disappear.
      >
      > This problem began fairly recently. Before that, there was no problem
      > using the context menu. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the
      > app. This didn't resolve the problem. This problematic installation of
      > NoteTab is on an older desktop PC running Win 98SE.
      >
      > Other than this issue, NoteTab Light functions perfectly. I also have
      > the app installed on a laptop (running Win XP) with no issues with the
      > context menu "hanging".
      >
      > Anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

      Hi Lowell
      Its been a couple of years since I used any of the Win9x line. Usually
      that kind of problem occurs when the computer is running more than it
      can handle. This is exacerbated by Win9x's tendency to permanently loose
      particular kinds of memory resources.

      I've seen this in other programs too even on Win2K and WinXP.

      When I was running Win98 it was necessary to reboot several times a day
      just with normal usage. Does the problem appear if you reboot and
      immediately run Notetab Light or only after some period of use or it and
      other programs?