20726Re: [NTB] Firefox opening multiple windows when previewing in browser

  • imayz1
    Sep 29, 2008
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

      > imayz1 (forummessages@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-09-24 at
      > 15:04):
      > > I've used NTP for years and love it but lately I have switched my
      > > default browser to Firefox. Now every time I preview (F8)an HTML file
      > > it opens a new browser window. If FF is set for tabs it opens a new
      > > tab every time. I hate that. Each time I make a change and preview
      > > it I am required to close the browser window (or tab) before making
      > > more changes. If I don't, I'll have 80 browser windows open by the
      > > time I get done editing the file. It doesn't do this in IE whether IE
      > > is set for tabs or not.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know how to set this up to open my file in the same
      > > browser window each time I click preview?
      >
      > Get Firefox 3 add-on TabMix Plus which will allow you to specify
      > external links are to be opened in same tab (other choices are New Tab
      > or New Window) or (preferable IMHO) get add-on FireGestures which will
      > allow you to define a gesture executed with right-mouse button which
      > will close all other tabs, all tabs to right of current or all tabs to
      > left of current tab.
      >
      > I use R-L-D to close all other, R-L-D-L to close all left and
      R-L-D-R to
      > close all left.
      >
      > With TabMix Plus you can also specify (for example) that
      double-click on
      > a tab toggles lock-unlock so that the above gestures will leave
      > specified tabs alone. I use the double-click lock to keep my Google/ig
      > (user specified custom page) open while allowing others to be closed.
      >
      > HTH
      >
      > --

      Thanks for the plug-in tips Alec. Plugins are great.

      Also, I found a simple way for those who don't want plug-ins. Simply
      type about:config in the address window and press enter. Click the
      confirm button. Then go to
      the line labeled 'browser.link.open_external". Change it to "1" and
      restart the browser. Now Notetab opens in the same window each time
      preview is hit.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic