20723Re: [NTB] Firefox opening multiple windows when previewing in browser

  • Alec Burgess
    Sep 25, 2008
      imayz1 (forummessages@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-09-24 at
      > I've used NTP for years and love it but lately I have switched my
      > default browser to Firefox. Now every time I preview (F8)an HTML file
      > it opens a new browser window. If FF is set for tabs it opens a new
      > tab every time. I hate that. Each time I make a change and preview
      > it I am required to close the browser window (or tab) before making
      > more changes. If I don't, I'll have 80 browser windows open by the
      > time I get done editing the file. It doesn't do this in IE whether IE
      > is set for tabs or not.
      > Does anyone know how to set this up to open my file in the same
      > browser window each time I click preview?

      Get Firefox 3 add-on TabMix Plus which will allow you to specify
      external links are to be opened in same tab (other choices are New Tab
      or New Window) or (preferable IMHO) get add-on FireGestures which will
      allow you to define a gesture executed with right-mouse button which
      will close all other tabs, all tabs to right of current or all tabs to
      left of current tab.

      I use R-L-D to close all other, R-L-D-L to close all left and R-L-D-R to
      close all left.

      With TabMix Plus you can also specify (for example) that double-click on
      a tab toggles lock-unlock so that the above gestures will leave
      specified tabs alone. I use the double-click lock to keep my Google/ig
      (user specified custom page) open while allowing others to be closed.