20533Re: [NTB] Re: Convert .otl to separate .txt files

  • Gerard Huijing
    May 30, 2008
      Gerard Huijing wrote:

      > For your convenience: in another of Jody Adair's clip libraries, called
      > "DirStuff", you will find a clip that converts your separate texts to an
      > outline again. In a jiffy.

      EDIT: I am sorry, I am giving you the wrong information.

      The existing clip that extracts your outlines, gives the separate files
      neutral names, something like text1, text2 etc.

      If you use the clip from the DirStuff library it will create an outline
      from separate files with the file names as headings (so the headings
      will become text1, text2 etc., not the originals).

      Therefore you will have to rename the extracted files by hand.
      Or create separate files to begin with, before you make the outline.
      Or ask on the clips list if the existing clip for extraction can be
      modified.
      Or try to do it yourself :-)

      Sorry about that, I realised this snag just after I posted the previous
      message.

      Gerard
      --
      Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing