20492Re: Need help reformatting split text

  • M. Sean Fosmire
    Apr 5, 2008
      There may well be one or more documents posted online from those who
      have already done this.

      Your request for a clip should be posted on the clips forum. As I
      recall, Jody at that forum has done some bible publications, but it
      may be that Jody is no longer active there.

      That being said, you could accomplish this manually:

      Replace all occurrences of ^P1 with ^P^P1
      return to top
      Replace all occurrences of ^P2 with ^P^P2
      return to top

      do the same for 3 to 0

      This adds a blank line between each verse. Then do Ctrl-A to select
      all text, then Ctrl-J to join all lines that are adjacent to each
      other (without the blank line)

      If you want to return the text to its original form, replace each
      ^P^P with ^P.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "brother.gabriel" <brgabriel@...>
      > Hello all! I am new to noteTab, (I have been using it for about a
      > month, and I have the paid-for NoteTab full version) and relatively
      > new to programming. I would be grateful if someone would help me
      > with a code.
      > Here is what I want to do. I need a clip that will reformat the
      > whole document (which I have uploaded to my "Brother Gabriel's
      > Folder" in the Files section - it's called "Josue") so that all the
      > chapters are formatted just like Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 (which I
      > have manually formatted to show what I need to do). Notice that
      > all the numbering, I have added an extra space after the single
      > digits so that the lines align with the numbers that have two
      > (i.e., 1_ lines up with 15 etc.). After the Chapter Title is a
      > that describes the chapter. If you turn WordWrap off, you will see
      > that each numbered verse rests on one line with carriage returns in
      > between verses. I have many documents to process this way (a whole
      > Old Testament!), and I dread manually doing this for the Psalms!
      > I have tried a few Find and Insert tricks, but I can't figure it
      > without many hours of study and expirimentation. Thanks for
      > my note!
      > -Brother Gabriel-Marie
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic