20114Re: Search and Replace broken when string includes carriage return

  • ebbtidalflats
    Oct 3, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tuttle.grey" <tuttle@...> wrote:

      > Each of those lines has a carriage return at the end of it.
      >
      > 1. If I Search Disk, in the same directory, for "moe^P" (the entire
      > line of 'moe' including the carriage return) it is not found.
      > 2. If I Search Disk, in the same directory, for "moe" (just the
      > string 'moe' without the carriage return) then it is found.
      > 3. If I Search Disk, in the same directory, for "moe" (just the
      > string 'moe' without the carriage return) and do "Replace in Files"
      > to replace it with "larry^Pmoe", it should end up looking like this:
      >
      > larry
      > moe
      > curly
      >
      > but instead after the Replace it looks like this:
      >
      > larry
      >
      > moe
      > curly
      >
      > which is actually "larry^P^Pmoe" and not "larry^Pmoe" that I
      > specified.

      I con't help you with a solution, but it looks like NoteTab has a bit
      of Carriage Return stuck between it's teeth.

      What you need is a toothpick -- Maybe Eric can whittle you one.

      Have you closed and repopend Notetab?
      If there is a memory problem on your PC, loading a separate, different
      program between closing and restarting NoteTab might move NT into a
      different memory location.

      Then there is always the lst ditch resort of reinstalling NoteTab.

      Good luck. If you find out what it was, I'm sure a bunch of us would
      like to know.

      Eb
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic