20109Re: [NTB] Saved installer file of NoteTab Pro 5.3, but now updated to 5.4. What to save?

  • Eric Fookes
    Oct 2, 2007
      Hi,

      The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
      that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
      can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.

      Eric Fookes
      http://www.fookes.com/

      tuttle.grey wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
      >> Hi
      >> open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
      > yes
      >> download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
      >> instructions ?
      >
      > That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
      > first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
      > updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
      > future updates.
      >
      > It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
      > method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
      > case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
      > download a new, complete installer.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic