20039Re: [NTB] Re: "Allow Reordering" of Tabs - setting is not persistent

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Sep 21, 2007
      Eric Fookes <egroups@...> said on Sep 21, 2007 11:41 -0400 (in
      part):
      >> Would it be possible, in a future version, to include an option
      >> > (in "Options") to make the setting of Allow Reordering persistent?
      >> > You could still leave the default as "No" (not persistent). That way
      >> > only those users who explicitly chose the behaviour would have the
      >> > value saved, which should prevent those needless support mails.
      >>

      > Actually, one very handy shortcut that hasn't been mentioned in this
      > thread is a mouse double-click on a document tab. Doing so toggles the
      > status of the "Allow Reordering" option. It takes just a fraction of a
      > second, and since you have to use the mouse anyway for the operation, it
      > is all very seamless.
      Eric - very neat. I never would have thought to try double-clicking on
      tab. I see it *IS* documented in "Tips and How to..."

      > When you have several documents open, you can drag-and-drop page tabs
      > to reorder them any way you like. If the tabs are stacked, you will
      > first have to enable drag-and-drop by double clicking on the tab
      > before moving it.
      Could you perhaps add that to HELP-Keyboard Shortcuts for the next
      release, maybe increasing the likelihood someone will find it :-)

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail