20032Re: "Allow Reordering" of Tabs - setting is not persistent

  • tuttle.grey
    Sep 21, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tuttle.grey" <tuttle@> wrote:
      > > see the writer's body language, facial expressions or hear the
      tone
      > > in his voice. I was not attempting to be rude to you.
      >
      > I did not take your comment as rude.
      > However, the term "inconvenient" seem way out of proportion to the
      > convenience of a single click to allow persistent reordering, as
      > opposed to temporary reordering.

      I guess I think the use of "inconvenient" is more civil than
      your "Pardon me all to hell". I don't wish to start a war here, I
      thought it was just a discussion.

      > The reordering part is what _I_ would have deemed incinvenient.
      >
      > > ... it required more steps than the simple right-
      > > click to the command "Allow Reordering".
      >
      > Now you even call your NON-persistent single step
      > as more convenient than my persistent single step.
      >
      > See, the THREE steps I provided included reordering in the middle,
      > a single step to ENABLE reordering (persistently) and LOCKING IN the
      > reorder.
      >
      > Clearly I'm missing something, if this is still too inconenient.

      The reordering is not a one-time event. I reorder during most editing
      sessions. With your process, I would need to execute those three
      steps each time I want to reorder. It's simpler to do the single step
      of "Allow Reordering".

      In either case, the _result_ of the reordering or restacking is of
      course persistent between sessions. That's where I may not have been
      clear. Whatever sequence the tabs are in will be saved for the next
      session. It's just the "Allow Reordering" state of checked or on that
      is not persistent.

      An addition to the user Options would easily take care of this, by
      allowing override of the default behaviour.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic